WHY THE PROGRAM
- Personal testimony by survivors has been extremely successful in transmitting and reinforcing Holocaust information.
- Seeing and hearing an eyewitness describe his experience makes history come alive.
- Unfortunately, Holocaust survivors are aging and dying.
- Live eyewitness accounts are becoming less available and will not exist to future generations.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
- To transfer the life experiences of a Holocaust survivor to an “adopter” by taking a joint journey through the life of the survivor. By this personal journey the adopter becomes one with the survivor absorbing his life, spirit and soul.
- The “adopter” will be able to represent the survivor and tell his story with accuracy and feeling to any audience for three or more generations.